Creating Sitemap is one of the important things to do in optimizing a blog. Sitemaps are the easiest way to index your blogs content to different search engines. A Sitemap is an XML file that contains pages including url’s that helps search engines to discover a site.
Creating a Sitemap for a site is very easy and you don’t need to be a web programmer to create one.
Here are the easy steps in creating your Google XML Sitemap.
1. Login to your wordpress blog admin
2. At your wordpress Dashboard, click Plugin > Add new
3. Search for Google XML Sitemap
4. Choose Google XML Sitemaps version 3.2.8 that is developed by Arne Brachhold.
5. Install and Activate plugin
6. After activating go to Settings > XML Sitemaps, to update your sitemap.
On XML Sitemaps settings you can add pages, customize sitemap location, Include and exclude content, change frequencies and set priorities of your site.
Here’s an example of sitemap