What are Meta tags?
Meta tags are HTML tags that contain information about your webpage such as website or blog name, owner, description and keywords that represent your site. This tags tell or provide search engines keyword information.
Why should use meta tags?
The reason to use this tag is to provide description of your site for the search engines that may contribute in gaining high rank for your site if used properly.
Where to put this tags?
Meta tags are placed inside the < head>……</head> here’s a sample.
<meta name="description" content="a tech blog.">
<meta name="keywords" content="technology social media blogging blog ">
How to put this Meta tag?
1. Create a back up of your site first, if ever something wrong you can replace the code with your back up
2. Use Meta Tag generator to be accurate and ensure that it works.
3. Fill up required field such as Site url, name and description then click CREATE META TAGS
4. Copy the tags and paste it inside the head tag. <head> </head>
5. Check your webpage if it work properly on this site